RANTHAMBORE PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
One of the best locations to spot Royal Bengal Tigers in the wild, Ranthambore National Park is now considered to be one of their favored breeding grounds too. With a recent increase in tiger population, resulting in frequent and easy sightings, it is attracting more and more wildlife lovers from around the world.
This superior tiger habitat attracted the attention of legendary conservationist Late Fateh Singh Rathore, and was declared tiger reserve at the very onset of Project Tiger in 1972.
Ranthambore National Park is nearly a four hundred square kilometer wide expanse of predominantly Dhok (Anogeissus Pendula) forest, interspersed with lakes and vetiver grasslands. Spread along the eastern slopes of central region of Aravalli hills, this area used to be the hunting grounds of the Maharajas of Jaipur. Their hunting lodges, though now in ruins, are overrun by dense undergrowth of lantana.
The park is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna; dhok, peepal, jamun and ber form the green canopy that shelters deer, wild boars, blue bulls, langurs, jackals, hyenas, bears and many more species, besides the top two predators, tigers and leopards. Reptiles, such as crocodiles, monitor lizards and pythons can also be spotted in the park, besides a wide variety of resident and migratory birds, particularly around its water bodies and fine grasslands.
Participants assemble at Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station to board 29020 Dehradun Express, scheduled to depart at 21:55 hrs. for Sawai Madhopur.
Arrival at Sawai Madhopur Railway Station by 05:30 hrs. Transfer to our resort at Ranthambore Road a short drive from the entrance to Ranthambore National Park, where the participants can freshen up after the overnight journey and have a dig at the standard breakfast buffet spread. After breakfast, participants will visit the Ranthambore Fort inside the Ranthambore National Park. If you are lucky enough, you can even spot the tiger on the road.
Early start in the morning for the first jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, carefully chosen to introduce the participants to the luxuriant biodiversity in each of the varied safari zones of the park. Back from the safari to a lavish breakfast spread, followed by an hour of interaction with our trainers and another in peace and tranquility of the forest, only interrupted by the calls of peafowl and other avian species. Another visit to the dining hall for lunch, followed by a briefing from the trainers before you pick up your equipment and hop on to the jeeps to spot the king of the jungle before the tired sun moves toward its setting point; time to make a move towards the resort, have dinner and share pictures and other details of the day’s safaris before retiring into the boutique hotel style rooms of the resort.
Assembly in the lush green lawns of the resort for a quick cup of tea and instructions from the workshop trainer before you start out on the morning safari in yet another area of Ranthambore National Park. Review of best thirty photos of each of the participants.
Assembly in the dining area for an early breakfast at 6:00 in the morning to keep in time with the early check out, transfer to Sawai Madhopur Railway Station to board Janshatabdi Express at 07:00
Package price includes:
- AC III or AC Chair Car train tickets from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur and back.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Three night accommodation in the resort on triple-sharing basis.
- Buffet meals during the stay: Breakfast (4), Lunch (3), Dinner (3)
- Morning and evening tea / coffee with snacks
- All sightseeing and entry fees.
- Five Jeep Safaris in Ranthambore National Park covering any of the zones from 1 to 7 allotted by forest department.
- There will be four participants and a trained nature guide in one Jeep.
Package price does not include the following:
- Airfare and airport transfers.
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, video camera fee, telephone calls, any beverages not included in the menu, tipping and insurance, etc.
- Video Camera fees if any (participants will be informed about the estimated fees in advance)
- Any optional or extra accommodation
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
Terms & Conditions:
- We require copies of passport or other identification documents at the time of booking.
- All bookings will be confirmed on advance payment basis.
- Any change in entrance fees or taxes will be borne by the guest.
- Changes in policies by Ranthambore national Park authorities will be intimated and binding on guests.
- Changes on status of bookings should be intimated 25 days before the date of departure.
- No refund will be admissible to guests who shorten the duration of proposed package.
- Guests are required to carry the Booking Confirmation Voucher on their person throughout.
- All bookings are on twin/triple sharing basis.
- This package is Valid for Indian National only.
- Responsibilities for their belongings rest with the guests.
- Wildlife Destination will not be liable for any damages except the booking amount in case of tour cancellation due to state emergencies or natural calamities.
- All cancellations before 30 days of the event date – 100% refund
- All cancellations between 20 – 30 days of the event date – 50% refund
- All cancellations within 20 days of the event date – No refund possible